As we age, the accumulated effects of sun exposure, environmental pollutants, acne, and scarring can damage our skin and cause us to look older than we are. Such skin damage can be treated with a chemical peel, a non-invasive procedure designed to promote cell growth and produce smoother, clearer skin.
Chemical peels use a controlled chemical reaction which removes the outer layers of skin. Chemical peels can smooth the surface of your skin, improve skin tone and color, diminish wrinkles and shrink pore size. Chemical peels can be performed on the face, neck, and chest.
Light or "lunch hour" peels are the mildest type of chemical peels. Radiance Medspa offers glycolic, lactic, and salicylic acid peels. These peels remove the outer layers of the skin and can smooth out fine wrinkles and/or remove rough, dry skin. These peels may also be used to improve the texture of sun-damaged skin, balance out skin pigmentation, or diminish some types of acne scars. These peels are often used in a series of three (3) in order to achieve the desired results.
Light peels are often relatively fast and simple. The treatment usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes. The Aesthetician will begin by thoroughly cleansing the area to be treated followed by the application of the peel solution, wait up to 15 minutes, and then remove it. After the procedure, no ointments or salves will be necessary to cover the treated area.
Radiance Medspa offers the following light peels:
- Skin Ceuticals GL
- Skin Ceuticals SM
- Micropeel Plus
These peels are generally used to treat skin with moderate sun damage, surface wrinkles, and/or uneven tone or pigment abnormalities. Full-face peels take less than one (1) hour. The Aesthetician or Nurse will begin by thoroughly cleansing the area to be treated followed by the application of the peel solution, wait up to 15 minutes, and then remove it. During the application of the peel, you may feel a warm or burning sensation. Sometimes two or more medium peel treatments, at intervals of one to two months, are necessary to achieve the desired results.
Radiance Medspa offers the following medium peels:
- Skin Medica Vitalize Peel
- Obagi Radiance Peel
Obagi ® RADIANCE®
Quick and easy salicylic acid-based facial chemical peel for all skin types that exfoliates and helps improve overall complexion.
- Instant, radiant results for most skin types
- Improves a range of skin concerns, including photodamage, and results in an overall improvement in texture and tone
- May be beneficial if you have darker skin with pigmentary changes
- Superficial exfoliation, with little to no downtime
- Provides instant radiance—tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just 1 use
- A series of 4 to 6 peels provides best overall results
Reveal a new layer of beautiful skin with Blue Peel RADIANCE
- Superficial, salicylic acid–based peel
- Can be used for a wide range of skin types
- Achieve instant, glowing results
- Tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just 1 peel
- Quick and easy in-office procedure with little to no downtime
Phenol acid is the strongest chemical peel solution, and it is used for the deepest possible chemical peel. Phenol peels are used to treat skin with coarse wrinkles and blotchiness. They may also be effectively used to treat patients with pre-cancerous growths.
Phenol peels should be used with caution because they can cause permanent lightening of the skin. For this reason, Phenol peels are not recommended for most patients with very dark skin tones.
Radiance Medspa offers the following deep peels:
- VI Peel
- Skin Medica Rejuvanize Peel
The VI DERM PEEL
The future of skin rejuvenation.
The VI DERM Peel will:
- Minimize skin conditions such as acne, Melasma, and hyperpigmentaion
- Rejuvenate and produce younger healthier looking skin
- Reverse signs of aging, age spots and sun damage
- Soften acne scarring and blemishes
- Lighten and brighten your skin
- Reduce pore size and soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate collagen production resulting in firmer skin
Yam and Pumpkin Enzyme Peel 20%
A delicious puree of yams and pumpkins accelerate the exfoliation process to peel away dead skin cells, reducing pigmentation, fine lines and sun damage. The natural enzyme content increase collagen production to leave skin firm and radiant with increased elasticity.
Seven Herb Treatment
Your complexion is healed, irritation is reduced and the soul is revived with aromatherapy benefits. Colts foot plant, ground ivy, dandelion, black elder flower and yarrow plant are harvested and combined in this soothing and nourishing treatment that helps prevent breakouts. The proof is in the jar when you experience all the herbal benefits of this superb treatment. For normal/dehydrated/rosacea/acne/sensitive skin.
Blueberry Detox Firming Peel
A delectable puree of whole fruit blueberries blended with wholesome non-GMO soy yogurt. Dehydrated skin is plumped and soothed with calendula petal oil and shea butter an active combination of Vitamins A,C,E, coenzyme Q10.